Monday, July 11, 2005

Miracle on 7/11th Street*

Today I entered blogging history.
Today I donned the Tiara of Validity.
Today I sat at the right hand of Blog the Father.
Today I won the Tour de Bandwidth.
Today I remembered to thank the Academy.
Today I upgraded to the pleather interior.
Today I moved on up to a dee-luxe apartment in the sky.
Today posted a load o’ crappy puns and hyperbole.

Today, July 11, 2005, a day that will live in nobody’s mind but my own, I crossed the 100,000 mark on my hit counter. And I’d like to thank you, dear reader(s), for getting me there—but my compulsive need to re-read and re-write every post over and over ad nauseam combined with my obsessive need to check for new comments every time I’m in the same room as a computer probably pushed my hit counter a wee tiny bit prematurely into the six figures (seven if you count the comma).

In any case, please hold your applause. It’s easier to send congratulatory emails and order expensive online gifts with both hands on the keyboard.

*I tried to think of a less sucky more clever headline than this. Really I did. But I failed.

No comments: