Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why I'm not in New York right now:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It doesn't look like much from the heavens, but apparently there's a massive nor'easter crippling New England AND giving the whole country an opportunity to talk like salty old fishermen tonight.

I was supposed to take off at a civilized 8:00 pm today and sleep in a civilized cushy-bed hotel tonight and be all refreshed for a business meeting tomorrow, but my flight was canceled early this morning -- and I couldn't be rebooked until Thursday. So now I'm flying out at a decidedly uncivilized 7:00 am on Thursday. Which means waking up when the crack whores are stumbling home and spending the day trying not to get too wrinkly in front of our totally cool new client.

On the flip side, I get two more days to contemplate my new-client wardrobe. And change my mind about a billion times. And then probably fly out in the outfit I packed last night anyway.

No comments: