Friday, June 29, 2007

I have discovered YouTube

And I have further discovered how YouTube can suck the hours out of your day faster than you can say, "I wonder if they have that one Carol Burnett clip I used to love so long ago, way before the Internets." Which, of course, they do.

Of all my new YouTube discoveries, I keep coming back to this one. Which in some cultures makes it my favorite:

I especially love the Susan B. Anthony verse, mostly for its epic poetry.

Be sure to play this clip every day for the next few days because it's all you're gonna get from me. We get up at five freakin' o'clock tomorrow to run 14 miles, and then I hop in the car for a five-hour drive to Iowa where I will 1) hope I don't fall asleep on the way, 2) sing in a reunion choir assembled to honor the long-retired music director at my folks' church, 3) help my folks move out of the house they've lived in for the last 30 years, 4) help my sister's family refinish the floors, replace the kitchen and move themselves in to the house my folks just vacated, and 5) run in the 5th Season 8K, which passes in front of said house on the morning of the fourth. I'm pre-exhausted just thinking about it all.

Happy Indepencence Day if I don't talk to you before I get back!

No comments: