Sunday, August 17, 2008

What good is sitting alone in your room?

My old neighbor Jeffrey Roscoe is running the AIDS Marathon with me this year. To participate, runners have to raise at least $1,400 (don’t worry — I’ve already hit my mark so I’m not hitting you up for a donation ... well, not exactly).

Jeff is an immensely talented musician and promoter who’s pretty big on the cabaret circuit in Chicago. So to raise his money, he’s staging a one-night show with with all his professional cabaret friends ... and he’s asked me to sing as well. In a big-name cabaret show. All by myself. Like I'm a real cabaret singer too. OHMYGOD!

Here’s all the info:
Thursday, August 21

7-9 pm

3160 N. Clark Street

$10 suggested donation at the door


We’re each singing two songs, and Jeff asked us to pick stuff that was upbeat or funny or just plain big and belty. So if you come, you won’t have to sit through any heartfelt renditions of “Hopelessly Devoted” or “You Light Up My Life.” At least not from me.

With all these big names (and one little name) sharing the same stage, the evening promises to deliver a fabulous (and rare) combo platter of extra-spicy Chicago talent. So if you're up for some Thursday night fundraising set to soaring melodies and the piano stylings of the inimitable Jeffrey Roscoe, come join us!

No comments: