Friday, August 07, 2009

We're off on the road to Rehoboth!

And by we I unfortunately mean I; the domestic partner got stuck working this weekend and since he's mortgaged his very soul to be off work for the entire coming week and next weekend for his cousin's wedding and all the family festivities that go with it even though neither of us got asked to be flower girl or even junior bridesmaid he's not really in a place to tack four days in Rehoboth onto his growing litany of Reasons He Won't Be Showing Up For Work For A While. So I'll be visiting our friends at their fabulous beach house this weekend all by my lonesome. Boo.

But! I have a stack of unread New Yorkers and a complete wardrobe of swimsuits and a credit limit in the tens, so I think the three of us will manage to have a hard-partying, hotel-room-trashing, family-values-Senators-and-their-goats kind of time without him.

But first, I'm savoring a weekday morning where I don't have to get up at the unholy hour of 5:45. My flight today isn't until 1:30 so I moved my trainer from 7:00 to 10:00 and here it is 8:26 am and I'm lounging leisurely in bed writing a blog post and contemplating a breakfast that involves actual dishes while the domestic partner drifts in and out of sleep next to me ... and occasionally rolls over to kiss me on my shoulder before adjusting his pillows and falling back into blissful slumber. If I didn't have to pee so bad, everything would be perfect.

Oh! And the handsome stranger from Market Days sent me the pic his friend took of us. Here I am sucking in my gut with Jason, the boy in the story two blog posts below this one. Aren't the Internets amazing?


I'm not bringing my laptop to Rehoboth, so unless there's a computer and a surfeit of boredom there I won't be posting until I get back. I hope you've been reading this post slowly so it's already Tuesday by the time you get to this sentence.

Be good while I'm gone!

No comments: